While there are a few discussions about this topic going on throughout GBAtemp, I felt that one centralized post would benefit our community. According to Team SuperCard, the 3DS v4.4.0-10 firmware update will permanently block all but 2 Flash Kits. Please keep in mind that these numbers and this news are not yet fact, we are awaiting responses from various teams, but looking at the information it seems this was the intended outcome of the new firmware update.
Be advised, do not update to 3DS v4.4.0-10
2. Part of the card on the market have save IC, but the main control program has been burned to fixed (FPGA program). So user can not solve this problem too, unless return to the factory.
From now on, flash card support 3DS 4.4.0-10x ” are DSTWO (released upgrade file already here..) and a xxx r4 (released video only, no upgrade file released).